How to choose a colorimeter
The color difference meter's measurement of color is affected by six factors, each of which plays a vital role in how the color difference meter captures color information. A change in any of these factors will change the color data, causing a difference between the numbers obtained by two identical samples or two different colorimeters.
1. Color space: In terms of color, there are many measurement systems. There are currently five complete color spaces available: CIE XYZ; CIE Yxy; CIE L * a * b *; CIE L * C * h; and Hunter L ab. Each of these scales consists of three numbers, but the way each number is determined is unique. Therefore, it is important to use the right color space for your samples and use the same color space every time in order to create a uniform standard between samples.
2. CIE light source: The color difference meter is also affected by what type of light is used. The colorimeter can use many light sources, including A (tungsten), F02 (cold white fluorescent lamp), C (average daylight), and D65 (midday daylight). While there are good reasons to use any of these light sources, you must use the same type of light source when determining color consistency or variations in different samples.
3. CIE standard observer perspective: There are two types of standard observers: 2 degrees in 1931 and 10 degrees in 1964. Although there are significant similarities between them, they can also affect differences in color data. Therefore, it is important to use the same standard observer for each sample.
4. Instrument lighting method: The colorimeter lighting method you choose will have a significant impact on the color data capture method. The current colorimeter illumination methods are 45 ° / 0 ° or 0 ° / 45 ° instruments and diffuse / 8 ° spherical instruments. Which one you choose will largely depend on the type of sample you are using; in some cases, it also depends on whether you want to measure appearance or color individually.
5. Sample preparation: Proper sample preparation is an important part of obtaining accurate color data. This is also an important aspect of measurement inconsistencies caused by human factors. Therefore, standardized sample preparation procedures must be developed.
6. Sample measurement: The sample measurement contains many factors, including the sample positioning method, the sample view area, the measurement mode, and the average number of samples. As with sample preparation, steps must be taken to minimize sample changes, including the use of standardized procedures or instruments to minimize or eliminate opportunities for sample changes.
The consistency of the measurement parameters will optimize your ability to compare samples at any stage of the product development or manufacturing process, giving you the data you need.
Theoretically, any colorimeter for measuring the color of a sample can be used to establish a consistent color measurement system. However, there are differences between color difference meters, which may affect consistency. You must choose a colorimeter that suits your measurement needs; you can choose a colorimeter to make the color measurement process as easy as possible to prevent measurement errors introduced by the operator. This may include instruments with highly integrated measurements, automatic sample averaging, appropriate measurement modes or online instruments, completely eliminating the need for manual sample preparation. In addition, choose an easy-to-use colorimeter to minimize the need for frequent calibrations, and complement accessories designed to simplify sample preparation, thereby reducing the possibility of human error.
Our company has many years of history in the field of color measurement. We have developed a series of color difference meters, portable spectrophotometers, and desktop spectrophotometers to meet the needs of various industries. All our color detection instruments are designed to be user-friendly, versatile and reliable, giving you a high level of color measurement accuracy. Contact us for customizable software packages and customer support services, get color measurement solutions for free, and let us help you choose the color measurement instrument that fits your needs.
： 佛山市精测计量仪器设备有限公司 （ 总部 ） Company Name : Foshan City Precision Measurement Instruments Co., Ltd. ( Headquarters )
： 广东省佛山市顺德区陈村镇顺联机械城 17座二层2008室 Address : Room 2008, 2nd Floor, Block 17, Shunlian Machinery City, Chencun Town, Shunde District, Foshan City, Guangdong Province
：0757-29289282 Phone : 0757-29289282
：0757-29289282 Fax : 0757-29289282
：13889943666 Mobile : 13889943666
：13889943666 WeChat : 13889943666
:wxetech.com Website : wxetech.com
Zhongshan Zhuhai Jiangmen Zhaoqing
：13420627674 Mobile : 13420627674
：13420627674 WeChat : 13420627674